Statement of Purpose
At Medwyn Surgery we have developed this statement of aims and objectives so patients can know what to expect from the practice.
- We aim to provide patients with the highest possible standard of clinical care.
- We will continually strive to improve the quality and range of the services we offer.
- We are committed to evidence-based preventative medicine and the care of patients with acute and chronic illness.
- We will treat everyone with respect and dignity and involve patients in decision making about their treatment and care.
- We aim to communicate clearly and regularly with our patients using a range of media and to invite ongoing feedback.
- We aim to retain our ability to be an independent advocate for our patients and to meet our professional obligations as a doctor first, irrespective of contractual arrangements or commissioning responsibilities. We intend to remain at the heart of our patients’ community, supporting self-sufficiency and developing communities as health resources.
- We will offer you an appointment with a doctor within 2 working days whenever possible. If your own doctor is not available, we will arrange for you to see another doctor. You will be seen by a doctor on the same day if this is appropriate, although we cannot guarantee you will be seen by your own doctor.
- We will make every effort to see you promptly. Medical emergencies will receive immediate attention and there will be a duty doctor available each day for urgent problems.
- Emergency cover will be available at all times outside normal surgery opening hours by telephoning 111. Medical advice is also available 24 hours a day from NHS 111 by visiting www.111.nhs.uk.
- You will always be offered the treatment we believe is appropriate for you, by a suitably qualified person.
- We will provide information about our services in our practice booklet and through our staff and website.
- We will tell you when the results of tests and X-rays are likely to be available and how to obtain them.
- We will maintain the confidentiality of patient information at all times. We will respect your rights of confidentiality and access to your medical records, within the law.
- We will try to deal at once with any problems or complaints which you bring to our attention and welcome your suggestions for improving our service to you.
- We will provide a surgery environment that is accessible, clearly signposted, clean and safe.
- We will deliver care with equipment that is up to date, well maintained and fit for purpose.
- We will involve other professionals in the care of patients when it is in the patients best interest.
- We support our Patient Participation Group and actively encourage our patients to contribute their views.
- We ensure that all members of the practice team have the appropriate skills and experience to carry out their duties competently and professionally, in an environment that is safe and supportive.
- We participate in teaching, training and research.
- We participate in the CCG with the aim to lead service planning and quality improvement.