Friends of Medwyn
The staff of Medwyn Surgery have a very clear objective. We want to provide our patients with the best possible service, not only in medical care, but also in terms of health information and awareness, the environment of the surgery and doctor / patient relationships. As part of this initiative, we have formed a group called “Friends of Medwyn”.
The Functions Of The Friends Of Medwyn Are
- To provide a means of communication between patients and Medwyn staff. Not for individual issues (which are, of course, a matter between a patient and his or her G.P.), but for general issues, both medical & non-medical, affecting patients in general.
- To provide information on medical issues (e.g., background medical information, sources of information such as leaflets and internet websites, new clinical developments, support groups for various medical conditions, NHS news, etc).
- To keep patients up to date on Medwyn surgery itself (e.g. new administrative procedures, new equipment, new staff etc).
- To raise money for the Medwyn surgery. The money we raise will go towards providing equipment & facilities to Medwyn, for the benefit of patients & for the surgery as a whole. We would be grateful for any donations and, if you would like to make a donation, please send or take a cheque to the surgery, and make your cheque payable to “Friends of Medwyn”.
Members Of The Friends Of Medwyn Committee
- Chairman: Ann Heaps
- Vice Chairman: John Chapman
- Treasurer: Peter Watson
- Secretary: Sally Hewitt
- Practice Liaison: Cathy Branton
- Members: Fran Stone, Lyn Waite, Dr Chris Monella, Nanette Nobes, Jenni Knights, Jane Gough, Janet Croft-smith, Roy Turner, Mel Gear, Adrian Maybanks
Remember, this initiative is for you, the patient! We are keen to have your comments. Thus, if there are any suggestions, questions or issues you would like to raise, contact us directly or write us a note, and drop it in the Friends of Medwyn box in the main entrance hall at the surgery.
If you wish to be a part of our patient participation group, please complete our Patient Participation Group registration form.
Finally, we can use all the help we can get, so if you feel you can help us in any way in the future, please let us know.